What do you mean by generating CW characters to copy by ear?
Do you mean while in digital mode for PSK/RTTY?

When sending digital modes via the CW keyer the feedback while sending is in CW. But you will also hear a lower level PSK/RTTY tone in the background to remind you the signal is transmitting as the appropriate digital mode.

73,
Greg
AB7R

On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:34:00 -0700