Mike, et al:

My blind friend had to work his way through the tens
of lines in the header fields of the packet messages
to get to the actual text, so I think the normal psk
flow would be a relief rather than a problem.

We used an AEA morse machine to do the translating,
and when it ran across a character not in it's
translation table, it just didn't send or produce
anything.

Probably just as well for the Elcraft version to do
the same. After all, what would the alternative be, to
invent new morse characters?

jerome - va7vv