Eric, Wayne:

While we are waiting for the "specs," I thought that I would list the
specs that I'd like to see, anticipating that you will, minimally,
cover them.  Hopefully, other will add to the list.

1.  MDS for ssb/cw.  By band (160, 20, 10, 6).  For both preamp OFF
and preamp ON.

2.  BDR at spacings: 20kc, 5kc, 2kc, 1kc.  By band (160, 20, 10, 6).

3.  Two tone, 3rd order IMD Dynamic Range.  By band (160, 20, 10, 6)

4.  3rd Order Intercept at spacings: 20kc, 5kc, 2kc, 1kc.  By band
(160, 20, 10, 6)

5.  2nd order intercept

For all of the above, specify "which" roofing filter (minimally
include "stock" 2.7 and at least one "narrow" (1kc or 500hz range).
More is better.

A detailed explanation of the AGC action, where and how it fits into
the circuit, and how it reacts at various signal levels (very tiny,
normal, very strong).

I would also appreciate a description of your "testing" setup, signal
levels, equipment used, etc.

Thanks for you consideration (cash in hand, pending specs).

:-)

de Doug KR2Q