From: Gary Hvizdak
Subject: RE: You have piqued my curiosity now!! (was [Elecraft] Will K2 remain stable?)

Mike,

At the Orlando hamfest this past February, Eric said he hoped the K2 would be around for five or ten years, with the only possible changes due to parts obsolescence. I got the impression that he meant that there would continue to be a demand for it for this long.

While I'm writing I'd like to invite you to check out a project - requested by a few of our Rework EliminatorT Un-Module Header customers - which I've been working on for the past month or so. It's a small assembly of two very tiny four-layer PCBs. Together they make it possible to reconfigure the K2 for any of the microphone wiring standards described in the KSB2 manual . by removing just the left side panel of the enclosure! Such a product might come in very handy over the next few months as K2s are traded-in for K3s, and newly licensed (no code) hams pick up used K2s.

You can find out about it at http://www.unpcbs.com/micpcb/ I welcome your feedback on this project.

73,
Gary  KI4GGX