----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Stirling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] re: Improvements for the KX1

On Saturday 05 May 2007 20:44:39 Joseph Trombino Jr wrote:
I'd really like to see another xtal or two added to the KX1 I.F. filter....3 poles just doesn't get it...the 4 pole filter in the K1 and 5 pole filter in
the K2 are noticeably better than the 3 pole filter in the KX1.

 The K2 has seven crystals in the IF filter.
There are five before the IF amplifier and
two more before the product detector.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962

Correct Ian....I didn't count the last two xtals since I believe these two xtals are used more for removing I.F. noise than for providing selectivity....at least this is what has been mentioned in other receiver articles I have read.

73, Joe W2KJ