I think Elecraft are making the correct decision by supplying a Serial<=>USB converter which is known to work. Being involved with the software side of the things it's problems with the Serial<=>USB which cause the most grief.

Known hardware doesn't always work - even if it has Elecraft stamped on its breast. Other factors such as an inadequate USB port come into play, however this is something which is easy to test and document:

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thom LaCosta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There are many Serial - USB devices on the general market. (I use a Keyspan unit on my Orion, and it works nicely with Linux.) So, I wonder why Elecraft needs to offer its own unique product. (Or it could be someone else's product rebranded?) At least their price is competitive.

I have a keyspan...it looks like it works on windows...sorta, kinda, but it doesn't.