Good Evening,
Well that was fun! 20 meters was much nicer than 40 this evening. 40 m had a great deal of static along with a flutter on some or a slowly rolling QSB on others. After Tom passed the net back to me the band had simply shut off so I was unable to attract another caller. But, between the two of us we collected a goodly number of you. I know I missed a few on 40 because of conditions but I tried to drag you through. There was one which Tom copied as a W1 and I copied a CJV. I am digging but am not able to construct the entire callsign. Hopefully next week you will check in again and one or both of us can copy you better.

On to the lists =>

   On 14050 kHz at 2300z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798    QNI #75!!!
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
K4GT - Jim - GA - K2 - 2015
N9IV - Russ - IN - KX1 - 742
K3OOL - Craig - PA - K2 - 4790
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
WD9HBC - Jim - MA - K2 - 5757
VE9AAG - Ernie - NB - ?
NK6A - Don - CA - K1 - 844
KI6WX - John - CA - K2 - 1083    QNI #5!
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993

   On 7045 kHz at 0200z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
W1BPJ - Terry - CO - K1 - 1800   QNI #10!
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
KC0VKN - Joe - IA - K2 - 4912
KI6WX - John - CA - K2 - 1083
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
K1THP - Dave - CT - KX1 - ??     New rig??
WA4MQW - Bob - NC - KX1 - 1466
N7KRT - Jeff - NV - ?? - ??
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755
KL7V/5 - Sam - OK - K2 - 3158    QNI #45!!!

We are closing in on 3500 QNIs from 500 individuals. The database is getting a little unwieldy so I may need to come up with a better method. Currently I am keeping the information in spreadsheet with six pages to keep track of names, states, call signs, serial numbers, and check in dates. It would be nice if I could start a new page of check ins while keeping the call signs down the left side with each column being the date. I need to figure out how to carry over the numbers from the first page of check ins while keeping the frequency histogram page linked up too. Hmmm ... I may need to give up sleep for a while to get all of my projects done! I am using Star Office so I won't raise my blood pressure while working with the Windows "HELP" system. Good thing Pat is not here :) She never did like my using Office tools while in the same house with her. Somehow or another she had the patience to work with them. Guess we are simply different in that regard! I am sure I'll come up with something to get the system a bit simpler. I am going to sit at the bench for a while this evening and continue soldering. I had forgotten how much fun and how soothing it can be to stuff boards and solder parts. I'll get through my pile of kits over the coming months so I can get to the ones I purchased at OzarkCon :) By the end of the year I may have saved enough to buy myself the KAT100 so I can switch antennas more readily. I may even dream of the new K3 but I'll wait for you others to find any problems with it before I jump into the fray. I learned my lesson long ago: I'll not be on the bleeding edge of technology unless someone else is footing the bill!
   Have a good week and I will see you again next Sunday,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS (Net Control Operator 5th Class)