Gary,

Yes, the K3 does not have a mic configuration header like the K2. The mic jack is wired for the Elecraft pinout (per Lyle Johnson) and those wanting to use a mic with a different wiring scheme will either have to re-wire the mic plug or use some sort of adapter.

It certain eliminates much of the confusion indicated by the many questions of "How do I use my XYZ mic with my K2" The answer to that now is the same as for any other transceiver - re-wire the mic plug to the Elecraft pinout, and it will work for the K3 or the K2 with all mic headers jumpered straight across.

73,
Don W3FPR

Gary Hvizdak wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2007 Dave (G4AON) wrote ...

Shouldn't Elecraft decide on a standard microphone connection and stick with
it?  I suspect they probably have ... use a Kenwood microphone, then ...
"jumper" ... the adjacent pins which avoids soldering ... on the pins. ...
the Kenwood MC-43S ... appears to be very good value.

--

Dave,

    Are you suggesting that the required "rewiring" for all other
microphones be done external to the K2?

Gary