Hi Joe,

What was explained to me was firmware/software issues,
primarily. Not being an owner, I can't say. Certainly
the TT crowd is as rabid about TT equipment as we
Elecraft are about ours ;o) I know the OMNI series is
still sought after.

I used an FT1000 and can't say that it impressed me. I
much prefer my K2, particularly for contesting. That
being said, judging by the number of want ads for the
1k's they can't be all bad either.

Of the three companies, I've contacted all the service
departments about parts/service for past rigs I've
owned. Elecraft is by far the most responsive, TT was
good, Yaesu was non-existent... That speaks volumes
for me!

Catch you in a couple weeks in WPX. Let the insanity
rule... may even go straight QRP ;o)

Cheers,
Julius
n2wn