Good points Sandy, but you know there are a lot of guys with old Type 47 and
33 mechanical printers out there who enjoy firing them up and hearing them
rattle the windows of the shack pounding out TTY on paper by the hour. As
far as I know, not a one of them will do PSK or any other TOR mode.

While many Hams keep their eyes squarely on the future, many look back to
the past. Shoot, there are even many Hams who build and operate vacuum tube
gear and some who have yet to utter a single word on 'phone using anything
but AM phone! <G>

I agree that we should conserve spectrum as a matter of good stewardship of
the resource but out here in the west, at least, we have lots and lots of
KHz on the HF bands that are unoccupied except, perhaps, during a contest.
If the day ever comes that we do find ourselves unable to squeeze in
sideways on a band, perhaps we'll need to re-think the use of some wider
bandwidth modes, just like "King Spark" was outlawed for just that reason
about 75 years ago.

Ron AC7AC