In a message dated 5/27/07 7:58:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Why couldn't there be a  redesign of pieces and parts in the K2 that is a
> result of the K3  experience.  What would it be to put out a new control
> board
> that  takes the lessons from the K3 to the K2?  Like a faster CPU, more
> memory, more features, etc.

If it can be done, you can bet that they will do it.

In fact, it's already happened, in the form of the "Rev.B" RF board changes.

As I see it, strictly as a casual observer, the big challengea in doing a
major control-board rework are:

1) Maintaining backwards compatibility with all existing K2s, so the new
board could just be dropped in.

2) Keeping the power requirement down (my K2 draws less than 250 mA on
receive)

3) Doing a new control board with only through-hole parts, to retain the
no-SMT character of the K2.

But you know that if anybody can figure out a way to do it, the Elecraft team
will.

--

But hey, let's give 'em a *little* time. K3 is a major new product - actually
products, because the various versions and options are all hitting the market

73 de Jim, N2EY