I'm glad to see this item being discussed. I've had my K-2 for about a year and I've never completed the bale assembly step. I wrote to Elecraft to report my bale part as defective because it didn't fit anywhere near like what I was expecting. I was told in return by Elecraft that the bale sent to me was a correct part and acknowledged that the bale assembly is difficult. I haven't touched my bale since. Anyone want to buy an unused bale?

Jimmy Walker
WA4ILO
Macon, GA