I think QSK in hunt&peck is also useless
unless you are sending 15 wpm.  With short
calls like n2ey, QSK hardly benefits to try
and stop sending when 'he' calls someone else.
With short calls you are already done., so what's
the point?

One VFO on the pileup and the other on H&P,
well, what's QSK got to do with all that?

de Joe, aa4nn

I can't imagine the nerve-
wracking, mind-numbing use of full break-in for a contest!

I can - I've done it. I'm not a big-gun contester by any means, and do a lot
more H&P than running a freq.

I found it good in the following situations:

1) When doing hunt&pounce and trying to bust a pileup, QSK lets me hear when the station calling answers somebody else, and so I don't waste time or add to the QRM, I just stop sending. With two VFOs, I'll leave one VFO on the pileup
and use the other to seek new ones.

2) If I'm holding a frequency and a big gun plops down nearby, I know it
right away and don't waste time trying to fight him.

73 de Jim, N2EY