Hi Mike,

This was asked and answered three days ago on-list, and is now on the K3 FAQ:

Q: Is it possible to phase lock the two K3 receivers?
A: They run off the same reference oscillator and are phase locked.

There is also at least one other FAQ item addressing diversity recpetion.

Bill / W5WVO

Mike Scott wrote:
Is there one or two local oscillators in a two receiver K3?

I have been puzzling over the stated ability of the K3 to achieve
diversity reception (single signal two independent antennas). For
this to work I believe that the subreceiver 8+ MHz local oscillator
and the DDS VFO must be in phase lock with the main receiver.

I think I read that the subreceiver DDS VFO can be slaved to the main
receiver and I assume this means the two VFOs can be in phase lock.

I have not read anything about phase locking the local oscillator of
the sub receiver to the main receiver or if a single local oscillator
is common to both receivers. If this isn't the case diversity
reception won't work properly unless the phase difference of the two
local oscillators is possibly compensated for in the signal
processing chain.
Mike Scott

AE6WA
Tarzana, CA