Guys - We can't release actual numbers for competitive reasons, but I can say that the numbers quoted below are incorrect.

We increased the first July-August production run above the numbers quoted below.

Also, we are NOT sold out of the Sept-Oct production run. :-)

73, Eric

JIMMY D HARRIS wrote:
Michael,

The following has been gleaned from several sources over the last few weeks.

The initial production run was upgraded from 200 to 220 and has been sold out several weeks ago. That run is for July and August delivery. The second run was also upgraded from 200 to 220 and has been sold out with deliveries in August and September. I've not seen third production run numbers but would expect them to equal or exceed each of the earlier runs. Deliveries are said to be in September and October. I've seen/heard information that indicates that run is going fast. So an educated guess is they have sold well over 500 radios so far.

Looks like if you want a K3 for Christmas you should order soon. Hopefully later production runs will be greater and Elecraft will catch up by the years end. Due to long lead time on some custom parts a quick ramp up of numbers may go slow.

These numbers may be way off. But, they are put togather from email on the reflector and talking with Elecraft personel at Dayton.

Jim, AB0UK
K2/100 S/N 4787