Curt,

How are you attempting to initiate transmit? If you ae pressing TUNE, then 20 watts is what should be produced - the KPA100 firmware limits TUNE to 20 watts. If you need to try at a higher power than that, you must press TUNE and DISPLAY together.

OTOH, if you are already doing TUNE/DISPLAY, then check the KPA100 LPF toroids for the correct number of turns - count the nmber of times the wire passes through the center of the core.

73,
Don W3FPR

Curt Milton wrote:
I did some additional troubleshooting, but maybe there
is nothing unusual in these bias measurements?

Bias       Rx        Tx
D11       13.7    0.7
D12       0.7    129
D13       13.7   0.2
D14       0.7   129
Q1/2 base 0 0.6
Still puzzled as why rig is limited to around 20w
output.  Current draw is proportional to RF power
output, as above 20w setting rig will neither draw
additional current nor output additional power. --- Curt Milton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone experienced this problem, or know if I
should troubleshoot the bias, input, or output
circuitry.  All is well with the low power bypass
path, and rig seems to work up to around 25 watts