I just replaced the connector on my K2 #4887  because the internal bypass
switch that is supposed to connect the speakers when  the headphones are
unplugged wasn't making contact. Check continuity across the  bypass switch
contacts
with the power off and the headphones unplugged. If it's  not a dead short you
may have a damaged  jack. Mine worked OK when new but  after 2 years of almost
constant headphone use the connection just wasn't there.  I'll dissect the
broken jack someday to see what caused the open.

Al  WA6VNN