On Mar 24, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Darrell Bellerive wrote:

I agree that the synthesizer "tuning clunks" every 5 kHz in the presence of
strong signals needs to be addressed.

Agreed. It would be really nice to eliminate these. When I'm tuning the bands and I encounter one of these clunks, I often tune back to see what the signal was that I missed. I've noticed that the rig will often clunk one way, but not the other.

Another related issue is the appearance of phantom signals while keying CW under QSK. This is especially apparent during contests. You'll hear someone sending something, so you'll stop sending -- and the signal disappears. Kinda defeats the purpose of all that big dynamic range....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901