In a message dated 6/2/07 6:07:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> What are folks using in terms of an external battery for the K2?

I have generic 7 AH and 12 AH gel cells for when I take the K2 away from AC.

I also have a zero-cost charger for them. It's an old, small UPS in a plastic
case that was tossed because its batteries were dead. I opened it up and
extended the battery wires out through a slot filed where the case halves meet.
On
the far end of the wires I put Anderson Power Poles, same as on the K2 power
cable and the short cables I put on the batteries.

To charge a battery, I just hook it to the UPS and turn on the UPS. It brings
the battery up to full charge in a few hours, and then trickle charges it.

73 de Jim, N2EY