From: "Ron D'Eau Claire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:49 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Cell Phone Antenna Enhancement?

Yep, cellular (and GSM) phone repeaters are readily-available that
have an outside antenna and one that goes in the house. Where I'm
moving in a couple
of weeks over on the Oregon Coast the cellular/GSM service is spotty
and I'm
ordering such a unit today.

I'll send you some links privately. Some offer highly-directional
antennas to avoid connecting to a tower you don't want to use.

It is possible to rig a "passive repeater" - two antennas; one up in
the clear and one near where you are with the phone. Indeed, if you
aren't wandering all over the place with the phone in your hand you
can simply rig
an outdoor antenna with coax to your phone. Most phones have a
connector for
that purpose. I've not done that with a phone, but we did it in some
land mobile installations using 900 MHz some years back when a
customer's facility was behind a ridge line or other obstruction.

Ron AC7AC