On 6/10/07, Charles Harpole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One way to spot substandard items is the word "China" on them.  But, I heard
that the USA Congress had taken back the law that requires the country of
mfg to be printed on the item, true or not?  Stands to reason that that
Congress would want less info to come to consumers to protectr donors to
Congressmen.

That's no longer true. Many quality brands are now made in China,
including a lot of your "Japanese" radio gear. If you want cheap, of
course you can have it made in China, but if you want quality, they
can do that, too. There are a lot of English engineers working full
time out there now showing them how to do it.

Unfortunately, by the time we're all out of work or employed in the
tourist industry looking after the Chinese on their holidays, it will
be too late to realise the folly of seeing no further than bigger
profits and lower prices.
--
Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com