Colleagues,

Some time ago now I reported an issue with my K2 BFO being slightly out
of range.  The advice at the time was to get a new set of BFO crystals
from Elecraft, which I did.  The new results are as follows:
                Original        Replacement
BFO Hi Freq     4917.62         4917.63         must be >= 4916.3 OK
BFO Lo Freq     4913.59         4913.49         must be <= 4912.7 BAD
Range              4.03            4.14         must be >= 3.6    OK

I have done the following:

1) Re-calibrated the 4MHz oscillator using a known accurate counter.

2) Re-checked the PLL reference oscillator range (within spec).

3) Re-checked the VCO (within spec)

4) Re-aligned the VCO (all bands within spec)

5) Checked all components for the correct (marked) values (all ok)

6) Checked R116 for any possible shorts of L33

7) Checked L33's leads, which appear to be OK

Where I have fallen down on both sets of crystals is the lower BFO
range.  Where to go from here??

Thanks for the help,

Ron
--
Ron Hahn, EI2JP                      Grid Square: IO62TG
Rose Hill                            Fists:       10883

believed to be clean.