n a message dated 6/16/2007 6:43:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Does solder eventually "go bad?" I'm sure the metal components don't, but I
> wonder about the flux. I'm talking about a span of many years. I'm using
> Multicore MM00979. What I'm using now is fresh, but I'm placing a Newark
> order
> for other stuff and thought I might include some more solder if it doesn't
> spoil. Thanks.

Mike,
My uncle used to work for RCA back when they made computers. When they
dropped out of that business in the early 70's I inherited through him a large
quantity of 63/37 rosin core solder. I believe it was Kester but the label is
long
gone. I am still using it and it works just fine. Conclusion, here is one vote
for an unknown brand that "doesn't go bad."
Rob
KC6ROC
K2 #5924