There are several pieces of good news here:

1) Delayed gratification is good for the soul. It builds character.

2) More time to wait equals more time to gather and count more change for
more options.

3) Third production run is plenty of time to get all the bugs out. I'll
probably be applying patches (software at least; hardware maybe) to my low
serial number K3 while you're happily plugging yours in.

4) All your options will be available when you get your radio. I have to
wait for my subreceiver until September I think.

And there are some lessons to be learned:

1) The early bird gets the worm.

2) Sometimes you go to Dayton and all you DO get is this lousy t-shirt.

3) A penny saved is another 9 months waiting for your K3.

4) Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on anyone
else's part.

5) There is a penalty for early withdrawal of retirement funds, regardless
of Elecraft's new product announcements.

With all this going for you, you'll be a much better person when your K3
finally arrives.

Craig
NZ0R
KX1 #1499