-----Original Message-----
From: R Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I want this radio REALLY bad, but it's very difficult to wait for it
when I've
worked through my tech, general, and extra class since the
announcement, have to
wait 4 more months still, have nothing but a mobile 2m, and can have
any of
several (admittedly lesser) radios at my door the next  day.

With all due respect....

The key factor to Elecraft is *quality*. That's why you want a K3 rather than some
other rig.

There's an old engineering saying: "Good, inexpensive, fast - pick any two". As much as I hate to say it, that saying applies to ham rigs, including the K3.

More importantly, note this:

If all you have right now is a 2 meter mobile, and you're new to HF amateur radio, you need a lot more than a K3 and a license. You need an antenna system, adequate power supply, a proper shack table and accessories (key, mike, headphones, clock, lamp, grounding), etc. The K3 alone won't make a single QSO, and without a decent antenna system its potential will never be realized.

What antenna system will you have for the K3?

73 de Jim, N2EY

besides, some of us have been waiting *years* for the K3  ;-)