Hi Gang,

Used my trusty K2 at the K2ZR 2A-Battery FD at the Buffalo Lighthouse again this year. It bagged the lions share of our 1166 HF CW QSO's.

Murphy struck at the opening bell. In a nutshell, we had the CF ladder dipole connected to ANT1 and the yagi to ANT2. The first op noticed poor sensitivity (2-4 S-Units) and high noise (S2-5)on the beam. After a huge fire drill, we found that whatever was connected to ANT2 had this trouble. Tuning the antennas on ANT2 and menus checks did not indicate a problem. So we ended up running only ANT1 and switching antennas the old fashioned way.

Prior to FD, I had it setup at home in similar manner and did not notice a problem. Any ideas on this one? I opened the radio and did not find anything loose, ajar, amiss, etc......

73,
Mark K2QO