After reading another post about adjusting L34 for the IF amplifier, I have another question. I've wondered about this since completing my K2. The manual was a bit confusing and from what I can remember, it said to adjust L34 for the strongest signal and lowest background noise. It also said that a DMM could be used across the speaker output to get a more accurate reading. Well, my question at the time was how can you get the strongest signal and lowest background noise with only one adjustment. So, I figured it would be a compromise between the two. I adjusted L34 but, not exactly to it's highest volume or loudest signal.

Now I've learned that it should be adjusted for the loudest signal and that includes the background noise. So, can I now go back and readjust L34 for maximum volume and if so what else will I have to align? I assume that I would only have to re-calibrate the bar-graph, is that correct?

Thanks,
Gary, N7HTS