OK, as usual, this crowd comes through. I am 67 and retired, hence I'm doing this for fun. Thank you all for your many replies ... these reflectors are more like living encyclopedias. It's the really good side of the Internet.

I now have a small handful of volunteer mentors, probably about what I can deal with. Let me tap the wisdom of the first few replies for a bit. My need isn't rocket science [I've done that, hard, and best done as in a large team], but RE's look vaguely similar to Sanskrit, a language I've never seen the need to learn. On the other hand, living in California as I do ...

Hasta la vista, y viya con Dios

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club