Don Wilhelm wrote:
Gary does not work weekends, and you can likely have it isolated by then.

If you have no output from U10-4, then how about the input at pin 1? That should be the BFO signal fed to the transmit mixer. (you do have the KSB2 plugged in correctly do you not?).

Pin 1 also reads 0. Per the troubleshooting instructions the KSB2 was removed. I installed temporary jumper pins between 1 & 3 of J9 and J10 and installed a .001mf cap between pins 7 & 12 of J11. I can reinstall KSB2 if you think it will help.

  The only other signal that
must be present is the TX VFO which should have at least 70 mV RF on U10 pin 6.

I have .16V

  You must be in TUNE or otherwise keydown to get RF to U10-1.

Tried both.

If you have RF at both U10-1 and U10-6, you shoudl also have RF at U10-4. Check the DC voltage at pin 8 (it will only be present during TUNE or other transmit periods).

Pin 8 voltage is 6V in tune.

Thanks,

Gary WA4SZI

73,
Don W3FPR

Gary Montalbine wrote:
Basic problem was engage mind before typing. High DC voltage at U8 and no RF voltage at pin 4 of U10. Low RF voltage at pin 6 of U9. Wanted to make sure my RF probe was good before continuing. It has been many years since I have messed with electronic circuits.I may be back at the Novice level. Would this be the appropriate forum to address my transmitting problems or should I bother Gary?

I appreciate everybodys help thus far.

Gary, WA4SZI

K2 #1009