I suggest contacting Kenwood.

Robie - AJ4F

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:33 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] I need a Ultrahigh-Speed Switching Diode

Can someone please help me locate this Diode it is used as a surge absorption Diode in the remote amplifier T/R switching circuit of a Kenwood TS-50S HF transceiver. I was using the T/R switching port to switch my MFJ-1026 Deluxe Noise Canceller.

It was working O. K. and I then turn the radio off. The next time I turned the radio back on it did not work. This was about two or three days later. The radio was physically disconnected from the antenna but between the time the radio was turned off then turned back on again there was a bad electrical storm.

The T/R switching has went permanently shorted in the transmit mode. The radio is working OK I can transmit and receive ok. Any help locating this part would be greatly appreciated.

Lou KE4UYP

The Diode is a Sanyo-- Ultrahigh-Speed Switching Diode- LFB01

Silicon Planar Leadless Type

Dimensions

1.4mm diameter

3.4mm long

Specifications

Absolute Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C

Electrical Characteristics at Ta = 25°C

Package Dimensions

Features

Highly reliable leadless glass sleeve structure.

Very small size.

Capable of being suface-mounted.

Forward voltage : VF max=1.2V.

Interterminal capacitance : C max=3pF.

Reverse recovery time : trr max=4ns.

Parameter Symbol Conditions LFB01

Peak Reverse Voltage VRM 90 V

Reverse Voltage VR 80 V

Peak Forward Current IFM ® 480 mA

Average Rectified Current IO ® 150 mA

Surge Curent IFSM ® 2 A

Allowable Power Dissipation P ® 300 mW

Junction Temperature Tj ® +175

Storage Temperature Tstg ® –65 to+ 175 °C

Parameter Symbol Conditions

Ratings Unit

min typ max

Forward Voltage VF IF=100mA 1.2 V

Reverse Current IR1 VR=30V 0.1 µA

IR2 At each VR 0.5 µA

Interterminal Capacitance CVR=0V, f=1MHz 3 pF

Reverse Recovery Time trr VR=6V, IF=10mA, RL=50W  Max 4 ns