Good Evening,
It was more work than normal this evening but we gathered quite a few of you. Two K3s made the log; soon there will be a lot more of them. The bands were reacting rather oddly too. I was hearing folks who are normally strong very weakly and areas I never hear were coming in pretty well. Twenty meters had QSB to where I was regularly missing parts of letters. Forty meters had QRN but it seemed to be centered in Lohman, Missouri :) I thought Jay and Ken were strong until Gary checked in from Victoria, British Columbia. Wow! What a signal. He mentioned his KX1 was not making the trip so he turned to another rig ;) K2 #6146 checked in on both twenty and forty meters. How many of these rigs are out there? I expect to check in K3 #6000 in the not too distant future, say April of 2008? Sam defended the front porch today while I worked on my assembly code. Those pesky deer were rattled when they saw the stalwart guard cat sleeping on the steps. Normally he uses the chair on the deck as a sunshade but there is no problem with too much light this week. Oregon is living up to its soggy reputation. Ron mentioned he was getting pretty wet at his new abode near the beach and expects the Pineapple Express to move northward. Northward to the mouth of the Columbia River that is! We could aim it further north to bypass Roger's house in Montesano, Washington but he probably mows his lawn in the rain :) Let's just say the folks who manufacture sunscreen don't make a lot of money in the Pacific Northwest.

   On to the lists =>

On 14050 kHz at 2300z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K3 - 008
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 43
N7KRT - Jeff - NV - K2 - 5471
NK6A - Don - CA - K2 - 1217
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
N5SM - Scott - TX - K2 - 5846
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398   QNI #60!!!
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798     QNI #85!!!
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
AK2B - Tom - NY - K2 - 4482     QNI #35!!
NO8V - John - MI - (K2 in kit form)
W8SU - Bob - OH - K2 - 6146

On 7046 kHz at 0200z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K3 - 008
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K2 - 43      QNI #60!!!
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
WI6O - John - CA - K1 - 922     QNI #10!
WB3AAL - Ron - PA - K2 - 1392
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
WQ3T - Dave - PA - ?
W8SU - Bob - OH - K2 - 6146
N2YC - John - NY - K2 - 5949
KA5OAI - Sam - TX - K2 - 2481   QNI #5!
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
AB2GR - Ian - NJ - ?
N7KRT - Jeff - NV - K2 - 5471
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037     QNI #55!!!
KI6WX - John - CA - K3 - 006
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
VE7GDS - Gary - BC - (not the KX1 :)

Not a bad set of lists for the way propagation was treating us. Tom sent me a sound bite of the noise he was experiencing. I think he needs a respite from all the noise in the Midwest. Maybe a nice vacation on the beach in Hawaii will make him happy :) Have a nice trip Tom! Any additions or corrections to the lists would be happily accepted via email. According to SpaceWeather we were to have a coronal mass ejection hit the Earth. I have not had a chance to read whether or not it has occurred but the propagation was odd to say the least. My bet is on it having hit sometime last night. Fred was very loud here and gave me a stellar report. Hard to believe we normally require a relay to work each other. However, I need to get on to other projects before I run out of time.
   Thank you for all the fun each Sunday afternoon and evening,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)