WØYK sed:

[snip]
The K3 simply "sounds better" on all modes, including RTTY.  The band noise
is less severe to listen to, and the difference is striking just having the
ProIII in one ear and the K3 in the other with no signals in the passbands.
Yet, the K3 dynamic range accepts a much larger range of signal levels and
the K3 pre-amp can be left on even on the low bands where the attenuator
does NOT need to be turned on except in severe situations.  I ran with the
pre-amp on, maximum sensitivity, and the attenuator off on all bands 10-80
for the entire NAQP.  The K3 was less fatiguing to listen to for long
periods of time with the audio sounding very natural, whereas the ProIII
does sound digitized or artificial.  (Maybe if you're not old enough to have
spent many hours in front of a Drake or Collins receiver, you can't
appreciate this point!)
[end snip]

This is GREAT news for me!  While I don't "do" RTTY, I sure "do" CW.
Over the years, I have listened multiple times on the 756 Pro series,
and I must say that to my admittedly "sensitive" ear, I just can't
stand that "digital" sound (very "flutey," if there is such a word).
From home, I can even hear it on the xmited signal.  I can pick out an
Icom radio a mile away.  Not "bad"...just not like it "should" be.

Normally, I HATE subjective opinions...but this one that really "rings true."

Thanks for the review!

de Doug KR2Q