----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Tippett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        W0YK's comment about missing the Pro3 bandscope
reminded me of this.  I hope someone (K8ZOA, HB9DRV,
N4PY or ?) will look into integrating SDR software (Rocky,
PowerSDR, etc) with the K3 and Softrock hardware on the
K3's 8.215 MHz IF output.  What I would love to see is:

1.  A bandscope display (good sensitivity and resolution).
2.  The ability to place a cursor on a signal of interest.
3.  Clicking the cursor moves the K3 VFO to that frequency.
4.  Perhaps add a waterfall display for weak signal work.

I personally think that going the SDR route is overkill - and requires a ton of code. But - having had a bandscope on my IC-7800 (now sold) I would dearly like a bandscope. I do hope that Wayne and Eric and their friends will investigate and design this once the dust settles later this year.

I honestly don't want to get inside the SDR code - I just don't have the time. At one stage I was planning to do this but I'm having to spend significant time on my commercial activities.

An Elecraft or Elecraft-approved bandscope with a serial or USB interface would be my preference so that I can integrate it with my software.

I like the projects on http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/ .

Simon HB9DRV