Clark,

The most likely reason is that your filters are currently not set correctly for single signal reception and allows the BFO to leak some signal into the IF passband.

I suggest you wait until you have all bands working and after you have done an alignment of the BFO frequencies (and filter widths as you desire), then you can correct it if there is still a problem.

For now, simply set CAL S Lo about 185 and CAL S Hi about 018. After you do the final filter alignment (using Spectrogram is best and easiest), then do a final pass on setting CAL S Lo and CAL S Hi. You may even want to wait until you have completed the KSB2 and installed it before setting CAL S Hi and CAL S Lo critically.

73,
Don W3FPR

Clark Macaulay wrote:
Just finished Part 2 of my K2.  All tests worked fine, but now I can't get the
Cal S functions to work correctly.  Cal S Lo works ok, but I can't get Cal S hi
to turn off (yes, I have the RF gain fully CCW).  When I leave Cal S Hi at the
maximum value I can (display is 000, and the far fight segment is still lit,
when going back to the normal display, the segment at S3 is now lit.
Rotatating the RF gain does reduce the volume and move the segment up scale.