I don't get this rant.  There ARE band-stacking registers on the K3.  In
fact, FOUR per band instead of the three per band on the ProIII and only two
per band in some other radios.  Yes, the band-changing UI is different than
the ProIII and other radios, but you know what? ... I've gotten to like it
even more, once I opened my mind up to a different UI.  Believe me, I and
several other focus group members and field testers have pounded on Wayne
and the design team for over two years now on the critical features needed
in the K3.  Band registers is one of them.  Yes, the K3 band-changing UI is
different than many other radios, but that doesn't make it "wrong" or "bad"
or "inferior" ... just different.

I suggest you QRX until you get your hands on a K3 and that you approach it
with an open mind.  It is an amazing and impressive radio.

73,
Ed - W0YK