The newborn K2 was born on Saturday, 8/5. Father and baby are doing fine. The
first contacts were in the NAQSOP.  What a gas to work US stations on 10w.

  I have two small questions, both of them of cosmetic nature.  1) I ran short
about 10 lockwashers.  In reviewing some the build instructions, I see that the
offfset blocks that hold the rig together, where mounted RF board, specifies
the use of 2 lockwashers.  Was this changed in later instructions?  I'm getting
lockwashers locally, just wanted to know if I missed something.

  2) The heatsink has the new holes punched in the bottom for the transverter
but the holes were not covered with that neat tape that is the same gray color
as the metal.  I have used some of the covering from the other holes (like
around the speaker jack) to fill the holes, but it is green and looks tacky (of
course, who looks at the back anyway? I do!).  The instructions say not to
remove this tape; in my case, it wasn't there to remove. Where can I get some
Elecraft Grey to paint my green tape plugs?  I don't intend to have the
transverter option.

  It was a real pleasure in building this rig.  I did have some problems which
required me to exercise my troubleshooting skills and, with a little help from
those on this reflector, found the problems (3 of them).  As near as I can
tell, everything is working fine.  Next step: Spectrogram calibration of the
filters.

  But only after I get some more contacts logged to see what this baby can do
stock...

  73 de Clark ke4rq