On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Don Wilhelm wrote:

I have seem several refurbished 2 GHz/512k/40GB IBM computers with *2* serial ports advertised recently in the $200 range. A computer like that would provide more power than needed for most situations, but then I already have more computers than I need.

And so do I...with no room for any more, and no money to power yet another watt burner.

It would seem to me that of all the solutions, the external ding-dong adapter may be the least objectionable of all.

73 k3hrn
Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month