On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:37:28 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I like the USB interface because it lacks any issues with IRQs.
> That's a huge advantage over running 3 or 4 serial ports.

  I run 7 serial ports (9 if you want to count the two USB-to-serial
  converters) on my Win XP PC without any conflict.  Of course,
  the key is to choose the right multiport cards.  I use the single
  on-board port and three Quatech DSC-100 cards (I don't have any
  financial interest in Quatech, I just like their products which
  are not cheap).

  I also run 6 USB devices (4 on-board ports and a 7-port hub in
  one of them).

  (Lists of devices available for the curious.)

--
   73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
   Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402