You could leave one at your remote location (antenna farm) for remote control and one at home. The problem then arises: which goes where?

David
G3UNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thom LaCosta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "John Huggins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 and K3... oh which one to pick

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, John Huggins wrote:

- Do I buy a K2 with accessories (or add them later) and get it right now plus build time or... - Spring for a K3 with enough options for SSB and hope to get it before March 2008 (Virginia QSO Party)

Depends on how much money you have, and the a vs tl ratio (antsi vs top line).

I suspect that the value of built k2's will fall once the K3 is out there, since many K2 owners who can;t afford to house and feed two of little critters are sellng off the K2, or will when the K3 shows up.

Based on that, I'd put more weight on the TL side of the see saw....but that's only my viewpoint.

Of course some have mentioned buy both....but to me that's like buys two solid gold cigar cutters (g).

73 k3hrn
Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month