From: "Matthew Denson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:38 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] operating question about K2 pre-amp/attenuator

Hi All,

My operating experience is fairly limited, so I have a question about
operating the K2.

What circumstances would cause one to turn off the pre-amp? And related,
what circumstances would cause one to turn on the attenuator?  Even my old
FT-101 had an attenuator to switch in, but I never came across a situation
where I thought I'd want to.

73, Matthew AE6UP