I think it would be a lot easier (but not as much fun) to
buy a good bookshelf speaker and small hifi amp.
I got a set of little hifi speakers from a place that sold
used hifi gear cheap, hooked them up to an old hifi
amplifier, and into the computer sound card for games.
I used to play flying games a long time ago....

The sound was fantastic, not like what computer speakers
typically do, but 50 real watts per channel and GOOD speakers.
When you crashed or ran into something, you FELT it.

You could build an outboard amp, or on some speakers
include it inside the speaker cabinet, but the people who make GOOD
speakers spend a lot of time getting the response in the ballpark,
so its somewhat flat and not real bumpy...

There are a lot of chips that give very good audio with very
few parts, one was an lm383 or something like that, 3 or 4
extra parts and a TO220 package with 5 or 7  leads, 12
watts out I think, there were a few models of various
power outputs.
I put one in an old Gonset G76 to improve the audio
on a very good receiver (262 KHz IF).
The entire audio amp was 1 inch square.

Not much point of doing this on the K2 other than maybe
more volume, but the K3 I hope has good fidelity out the
line out jack (sound card).

You can always reduce the fidelity if you want, you can not
improve it without mods to a radio.

Its always nice to have CLEAN and QUIET audio power available,
even if you want to limit the frequency response and volume.

Without a K3, you could put the audio through a 10 band
eq, and limit the response to whatever you want, even
very narrow for CW, or widen it up for swl or AM work.

Used high quality audio equipment is VERY inexpensive...

Brett
N2DTS