Also for those interested in good audio powered by 12 volts, do a search on Ebay for 'equalizer booster' and you will find several high powered, 12 volt, equalizers. Most can be directly driven with a speaker output from a receiver, and if you want to drive them from a high impedance line input it is usually a simple matter to locate and remove the input swamping resistor. They do take a lot of 12 volt power, but it is one inexpensive solution to the power amplifier. Don''t forget to fuse the speaker leads too - 100 watts per channel is a lot of power (even if it is peak power) and can melt speaker voice coils quickly.

73,
Don W3FPR

Brett gazdzinski wrote:
 I think it would be a lot easier (but not as much fun) to
buy a good bookshelf speaker and small hifi amp.
I got a set of little hifi speakers from a place that sold
used hifi gear cheap, hooked them up to an old hifi
amplifier, and into the computer sound card for games.
I used to play flying games a long time ago....

The sound was fantastic, not like what computer speakers
typically do, but 50 real watts per channel and GOOD speakers.
When you crashed or ran into something, you FELT it.