G4GED:
>Simply put, my primary initial use for the K3 would be for 160m DXing using
seperate RX antennas, so an RX-only i/p port is essential.

>Please dont confuse me with too many fancy options. If I order the basic
unit+ Sub rcvr, what's the  minimum accessory  I need to order to provide a
RX-only i/p port function for the use intended above?

Dave you need a KXV3 to get a primaryRX ANT input for the Main RX. The Sub RX can
use ANT 1 (TX antenna) or it can use the AUX RF
input for a secondary RX antenna input.  The
K3 may not come wired for the latter but I am
told it can be configured by the user that way.
This all assumes you do not have the KAT3
which provides yet another alternative with ANT 2.

        I may wire up an external Magic-T splitter
to split my RX antenna between RX ANT and AUX RF.
This way I can use the same RX antenna for both
receivers which might be useful when operating
split with a pileup.  For diversity RX, I would
use my vertical TX array (ANT 1) to the Main RX
and would use a Beverage on AUX RF (after it
went through the splitter).  There will be a 3
dB loss to both sides of the splitter output but
this is not a significant issue for the low bands
where you are normally using RX antennas.

        In summary, order your K3 with KRX3 and
KXV3.  This should give you exactly what you
need.  I believe there may eventually be an
antenna only module which will preclude the need
for a KXV3, but I also want the wideband buffered
IF OUT on the KXV3 for an SDR bandscope, so I
don't feel too bad about getting the $79 KXV3.

                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Think I got this right but Ed W0YK will
correct me if I didn't.