W6VY:
>Now I'm confused.  From the FAQ's:
----
If the transverter option is not installed, can the K3 use ANT2 as a de
facto RX ANT?

Yes.  If the KXV3 is not installed, you can designate either antenna to
either receiver.
----
I can't see why I would have to order the transverter option
(which I have no use for) to use two antennas.

        ANT 2 is *ONLY* available if you order KAT3.
I have no need for KAT3 so everything I said
applies to that case.  G4SED did not mention
KAT3 so I assumed he did not plan to order it.

        I would also be a little concerned using
ANT 2 as a RX port because it is primarily
intended as a TX antenna and therefore it may
not have the same overload protection as the
true RX antenna ports.

        I have no use for the transverter option
but it is a much less expensive route than a
KAT3 (my antennas are all resonant) and it also
provides IF OUT for a wideband SDR bandscope.

                                73,  Bill W4ZV