Walt and all,

Just one clarification (for the protection of your KAT100 and K2).

The KAT100 does not talk with any RS-232 signals. It does connect to the K2 AUX I/O connector, but that is not rs-232 either - there are only 3 RS-232 signal lines (RXD, TXD and signal ground) in the AUX I/O connector. All the rest of the signals are K2 unique for communicating with the KAT100 (and remote KPA100 and/or KRC2).

This is a reminder that your K2 (and KAT100 and KPA100) can be damaged by connecting a regular computer serial cable to the AUX I/O connector. It is labeled AUX I/O for that very reason - it is NOT an RS-232 port.

Just because a serial cable will fit does not make it a serial port.

73,
Don W3FPR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
snip

I too have a KAT-100 and yes, it would be neat if that could be used without the RS-232 connection to the K-2. Probably some way to trick it into thinking it is connected to a K-2 :-)