Speaking of antenna tuners.... Is there any possiblity that the new K3 antenna tuner can be put in a seperate box and be remotely controlled? I use a 102' dipole, fed with balanced feedline, which then goes into a back room in the basement. There, it hits a 4:1 balun, and then it sees an LDG RT-11 (a remotelly controlled antenna tuner). I then have 75 feet of coax from the antenna tuner to the shack.

This is the best of all possible worlds. Any mismtach is taken care of by the tuner, and the subjected line loss of the coax. And it works very well. I convinced a buddy of mine to try a balanced fed dipole, and a remote antenna tuner, and he claims he has never had stronger signals on 40 and 80 than before. (He had over 120 feet of coax to the tuner/balun)

I have no idea what tytpe of signals the K3 antenna tuner wants to and from the K3. I don't care if it's not rs-232, most CPU I/O signals can be buffered and balanced and sent a long ways.

   Maybe when that "manual" appears we can look at this.

   tom K8TB  K3 FBxxx