JT,

That is the 'last digit indecision' type flicker, and it is not avoidable in a digital display except for really high end and expensive equipment. The actual frequency is in between 12099.28 and 12099.29 and the gate interval of the counter sometimes picks up one more cycle than at other times.

Rapid variations in the higher order digits are an indication of a problem, but no problem when just the last digit is flickering between 2 consecutive digits.

73,
Don W3FPR

JT Croteau wrote:
Just completed assembly of the RF Board, Part II.  Getting closer by the day!

I have the counter probe on TP3 and measuring 12099 kHz as I should
according to the manual.  However, it is changing back and forth
somewhat rapidly between 12099.28 and 12099.29 kHz.  Is this normal or
do I have something wrong with the PLL Reference Oscillator?

Thanks