> The RS-232 connector on the K3 will be the opposite sex of
> Kenwood & Yaesu, which use a male DB9 connector on the radio.
>  I don't know what sex TenTec uses.  Comments?

The RS232 connector on the K3 rear panel has nine pins inside its shell.
The mating connector that plugs into it has nine corresponding sockets
inside its shell.  Depending on whether you base the connector gender on the
pins/sockets or the shell geometry that contains them, you might call the
same connector either "male" or "female".  That's why some engineers prefer
to use pins and sockets terminology rather than gender.  In any case, the
RS232 DE-9P connector on the K3 has nine pins inside its shell, which is the
same as other radios.  The Accessory DE-15S connector on the K3 has fifteen
sockets inside its shell.

73,
Ed - W0YK