On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:

The RS-232 connector on the K3 will be the opposite sex of Kenwood & Yaesu,
which use a male DB9 connector on the radio.

I always figured that the female connector was on the chasis....But I'm hard pressed to see how it makes much difference....unless of course one wants to have one cable to fit all radios.

As there is a thriving bnc to bannana post adapter market, I guess we can look forward to official QRP sex change adapters on EBAY.

Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month