I sold the 756 pro when the K3 was announced, and ordered one
right away.
I suspect many others sold their rig, or one of their better rigs
to pay for the K3. I think some even sold their K2 to get a K3!

I also thought the communication was very light, but put it down to
the small company bringing out a new and complex product.

Maybe they should have said nothing about the K3 till it was
ready to ship, and perhaps they were doing the people here
a favor in offering it, as I don't think they put ads in
QST and so on to the general public.
The shipping date was always listed as a TARGET date...

Being a small company, they get a boost from the deposits,
in exchange for the early shipping, that's fair.

I don't look at the deposit as a contract, but more like
helping them get the product out quicker than they might otherwise,
and to help them out in general, because they seem
like real nice people who make real nice stuff.

With people working 7 days a week and jetting around the US and the
world, it don't sound like they are goofing off.

I can imagine the amount of communications they must be dealing with,
vendors, assemblers, beta testers, friends, etc, and guess I would
rather they get on with it and maybe have some sort of life, before
they spend lots of time updating the web page and posting stuff here.
Maybe some forget that Elecraft is a SMALL bunch of hams and not
a big corporation?

It is only going to take 1 missing or wrong (or sub standard)
part from any vendor to delay the current ship date.

I notice how hard it has been for Elecraft to get the same parts
for the K2 runs, available parts change faster than the manual
can be updated. Cap values change, inductor sizes and colors change,
etc.

I ordered a K3 kit, and being the type of person I am, would like it
if Elecraft sent the parts to me as they became available, so I
could start playing with them, but that is a bit silly!

I say damn the impatient people, they should have fun and take the time
to enjoy what they are doing, its going to do nobody any good
if they ruin their health...

Brett
N2DTS